Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Evolution 2010!


Evolution 2010, WOW! Just wow! This event is "The event" out of all my years of going to events I have to say this tops them all. Don't get me wrong I've been to Evo's in the past for Melee as a young in, but none were like this. 2K+ entrants in Super is just unheard of. Super is hype! I mean Genesis had 298 entrants in Brawl and it was the biggest smash tournament of all time. I mean did you see the main stage? Their were at least like 4K people in that room for Super top 8. Plus, all through out the weekend people were watching main stage and getting hype. Matches were hype, and JUSTIN WONG GOT ELIMINATED! The Asian talent there for super was just unheard of. Gamerbee, Tokido, Daigo, Infiltration,...etc.
First off I would like to give a big shout out to the guys who run Evolution, all the judges, and whoever helped out with this operation. I mean we finished on time with 2K+ people. Next off AJ Papa and his crew, I heard about the malfunction at the end there but you guys worked your asses off. Don't let something like that keep you down, you guys are great for the fighting game community. Next I would like to shout out Socal Tekken 6. I met them back at Devastation and had a great time playing ,and hanging with them. Now at Evo we played all night ,drank beer, went on the town, and had a heck of a time, Thanks guys! Next, Arizona Street Fighter. I know you guys got in a big argument between Juice(Or Snitchbox) but I still had a great time hanging out with you. Last shout out to Gootecks trying to amp the experience with the Salty Suite. Stopped by but felt overwhelmed by all of the OG street fighters. And to all that showed up and competed good for you guys.
Vegas is crazy especially when your with a bunch of crazy Asian guys all weekend. I came to Evo to mostly hangout with my once a year tournament friends, and get hype. I went 3-2 in Super, and 4-2 in Melty. Had to play Online Tony (Socal Seth) didn't play bad got 2 rounds off of him. I did well though beat a Canadian Gief, and a mid west Abel. The Abel player was salty and wanted to run it back FT5 MM for $15 bucks. I had fun playing in the tournament, but that's not where the fun is to be had playing. The rooms is where you wanna play, hype MM, and hype casuals all night. We ran high stakes MM starting at: $50 in Super. I had to shut it down though when a random guy threw up everywhere in my bathroom. How much do maids get paid in Vegas? (LoL) Great times. Got to hang with AZ during GF and we went crazy.
This Evolution I will never forget, all the great people, hype matches, and parties. It's great when your surrounded by people who are just as passionate about it as you are. When you talk about frame data and they don't look at you like a psycho. I will be at Evo 2011, and with all those games that will most defiantly be HYPE! Thanks everyone who showed up and who I saw and met.

No comments:

Post a Comment