Monday, August 9, 2010

Apex 2010: A worldwide Event

Apex 2010: A Worldwide event. Ran by Alex Strife, and the crew from New Jersey. 266 entrants for Brawl, and 220 for Melee. Making it the third biggest tournament behind Axis, and Genesis. Many great players competed. Many upsets, and players going home early. The venue at Rutgers University was actually really nice. Spacious, air conditioned, speaker system, over all great place to hold a tournament. Shout out to VG Bootcamp for sponsoring the tournament, and running the stream for those at home to watch. Another big shout out to all that brought a set-up for Melee, and for Brawl.
Now personal shout outs: First off I'd like to thank Alex for holding a great tournament. Tons of hype, tons of great players, and for just letting us have a great time. Next, I'd like to thank my Arizona Melee, and Brawl crew. Kevin, (Kira) Tony, (Taj) Jeff, (Axe) and Wobbles (even though he lives in Indiana now) I love playing with you guys, your like my best friends. Next, to everyone I Money Match, and played casuals with: ybm, Jash, San, H,Bardull,K4ge, Stride, Nintendodude, Eggm, Ether, Sk92, PBnJ, Chibo, M@V, Trela, and those I'm forgetting. Shout out to Maryland, Georgia, and New York Melee. Big shout out to Jason for me waking up and you dead asleep on my floor then leaving at like 6 in the morning randomly. To San for playing 151 friendlies with me when no one else would. To Gnes, and Razer for being my bestes southwest buds. Tw1n, and Twin_A you guys run NM melee, and are too funny. To Scorp A Dorp for having the best Mario on the planet. Too all the new and old friends I met up with or saw at the venue. And last but not least to the lady at Subway who fucked up my order so bad....lol, If I forgot you I'm sorry.
Now the tournament, I did O.K., could have done a lot better. In Brawl, I went 0-2 first two games losing too Earth,and M@V but then won my next 4 games with Marth, and moved onto 2nd round pools where I had Larry. Went like 2-4, or 1-5 I don't remember. In Melee I got out of pools relatively easy like 5-1, and Eggm beat me to move onto bracket. I later beat him in a $20 MM. But the last day, with no voice, no energy, I went all out. I was so hype. First right off the bat, I wake up and go to the venue and witnessed Wobbles beat Mango in winners. I then saw Axe lose to Armada, and Taj get knocked out by PP. Later in the day, Wobbles took out DaDhizWiz (Shout out to him for showing up) put him in losers to play AZ Axe, and get AZ gimped. Wobbles played M2K after,and lost 2-1 setting up Axe Vs Jman, and Wobbles, vs Dr.PP. First up Wobbles had the match won, and fucked up and lost 2-1. Next up the underdog up against Jman (Genesis run back) He got raped on stage, but dominated him off. Got down 2 stocks almost every game, but won the set 2-1, and set up him and Armada. Down 2 stocks again brings and back on PS and ties it up. But gets raped in third game. GG's to Axe though finishing 5th with Wobbles.
Now Brawl was sooooooo hype in top 8. Brood the Japanese Oli was wrecking everyone including Ally.We also had M2K, and Larry. Larry was playing the best I've ever seen him play, plays a weird style falco, but it wrecked at Apex. He beat M2K, M2k beat Ally setting up Brood vs M2K, and in all my years of smash this was the hypest match I've ever seen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0cZ-Y3yRA8&feature=related Brood wins almost on timing him out (Jason did that already in the match) but gets an usmash to take the set.Best moment of the match was the charge USmash and Brood Hercules Di's( Or Japanese DI) Brood played so solid, Oli is underrated. Brood went on to play Larry, and with that weird style Flaco beat him again 3-1. I was literally running around the venue screaming. lol Brawl was hype (I've never said that in my life)
I'm on the plane right now, GG's to everyone. I'll be doing it again next year! Hopefully I see everyone at Pound 5,Rom3, and MLG events!

No comments:

Post a Comment